Tuesday 4 October 2016

What Emmeline Wore In October - Day 4 x Yumi

Ooh! Today's a bit of special one as I'm featuring this gorgeous dress sent to me courtesy of Yumi (a long time favourite of mine). I picked it out really quickly as I just fell in love with the folky neckline - I'm always one for a quirky tea dress! 



The dress is part of their Into-The-Woods collection, so it was pretty apt of me to spend some time in Anglezarke on an Autumnal walk between the trees. The colours are just starting to turn on the leaves, so this is always my favourite time of year!

The dress has a really lovely ditsy floral pattern, so I got to bust out my repeat-pattern skills for the illustration. If you're familiar with my work, you'll know I love drawing leaves and flowers, so I really enjoyed illustrating this one! I'm really seeing the benefits of the daily illustration challenge already as my inspiration has just gone into overdrive. Oddly enough, I think it takes a bit of structure sometimes to crack you out of any procrastination, and to unleash yourself creatively!



I'm so glad that Yumi wanted to take part in the project, I've been a fan of their dresses since first spotting one in St.Ives in my first year of uni (I actually remember that, but forget my own phone number sometimes - silly!). If you want to find out more you can have a look at their dresses here.

See you soon for Day 5! Keep up to date with the daily 'What Emmeline Wore In October' illustrations by using the hashtag #wewio on TwitterTumblrFacebook and Instagram, or over on Bloglovin'.

Disclaimer note - Yumi let me choose a dress for free to include in the project, but I was not paid for this post. I love to collaborate and I'm really thrilled for Yumi to be involved in the project - ee!

No comments:

Post a Comment